AGREEMENT WITH TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF REGISTRATION:
In completing your registration for, and/or by attending a Summit Lacrosse Ventures Event, you agree to the Terms and Conditions of registration and participation. If you are an individual registering a team, it is your responsibility to ensure that each of your coaches, affiliates, players, and their families are aware of, and abide by these Terms and Conditions, to include the rules and regulations governing play, player eligibility, tournament and community facilities, Summit Lacrosse Society, and participant behavior, both on and off the field. Violation of the aforementioned regulations may result in the disqualification of your team and/or player(s).
Scholastic events are a part of The USA Lacrosse Sanctioning Program, which provides best practices for tournament operators in order to create a more safe and consistent event. Through the adoption of the Sanctioned Tournament Standards, tournaments commit to providing the best possible lacrosse experience. All tournament participants must be current USA Lacrosse members in order to participate. USA Lacrosse membership numbers will be collected and verified when completing tournament waivers. If you are not currently a member, or your membership is set to expire during the event, please visit USA Lacrosse to register.
SUMMIT LACROSSE SOCIETY
By choosing to register for and/or attend an SLV Event, you agree to abide by the Summit Lacrosse Society which can be found by CLICKING HERE. Further, you regard in earnest, the Summit Lacrosse Society. The Summit Lacrosse Society embodies the virtues that we as an organization, and a contributing member of the lacrosse community, hold with the utmost regard and importance. RESPECT: People and property; Yourself; Your team; Your opponent; Your staff/officials; Your venue; Your host community; Those who came before you; Respect the game and its legacy. COMPETITION. Succeed to your greatest potential, as individuals and as teams, on and off the field, in lacrosse, and in life. Compete fairly and with sportsmanship, to advance the best interest of the game and the greater community. CAMARADERIE. Appreciate the tremendous and vibrant community of which you are a member; build relationships for life; enjoy good times and great people, in special places.
By registering for and/or attending an SLV event, you agree to behave, and encourage others to behave in accordance with the Summit Lacrosse Society, and adhere to all local, state, and federal laws. If it comes to the attention of SLV that any player, parent, coach, or related attendee of an SLV Event is arrested or detained by law enforcement, they will be immediately dismissed from the event, with the likelihood of not being allowed to return, and the potential for their team spot to be jeopardized. Further, SLV reserves the right to remove any attendee who does not behave in accordance with the Summit Lacrosse Society, and applicable laws.
REGISTRATION TERMS, PAYMENT SCHEDULE & CANCELLATION POLICY
The only way to secure your team’s placement in the tournament is to complete the online registration process and submit payment. If all available spots are filled, teams will be placed on a waitlist and accepted into the tournament if spots become available. Payment terms are as follows:
- A $100 application fee and a divisions specific deposit are required upon initial registration.
- The $100 application fee is required to process your registration and is non-refundable for any reason.
- All cancelled entries, at any time following initial registration, will result in the forfeit of the deposit, unless a replacement team can be found, in which case your deposit may be refunded.
- Team(s) balance payments will be charged to the credit card with which you registered.
- After balance charge dates, all registration payments will be non-refundable.
- Failure to meet any payment due dates will constitute a forfeiture of the tournament spot, which will be offered to another team.
- Should the event be cancelled due to circumstances beyond the reasonable control of SLV, such as an act of God, natural disaster, or national/local/public state of emergency, team deposits, along with the application fee, may be retained by Summit Lacrosse Ventures, with all other paid fees refunded in full. Should SLV voluntarily decide to cancel the event, all tournament payments, less the $100 application fee, will be refunded in full.
- Should a team be unable to attend the event due to it being postponed for any of the aforementioned circumstances beyond SLV control, the team’s deposit, along with the application fee, may be retained, with all other paid fees refunded in full, unless a replacement team can be found, in which case the team’s deposit may be refunded.
- SLV reserves the right to assess an “overtime fee” for adjustments requested following schedule release, to be determined by the labor required, and not to exceed 10% of the total divisional cost.
- SLV reserves the right to charge any registered team a late cancellation penalty fee of $500, in addition to already collected fees, for a team entry cancelled within 30 days of the tournament, which will also jeopardize future attendance.
- SLV, LLC, its officers, employees and staff will not be responsible for expenses incurred by any team, club or organization if the tournament is canceled in whole or in part. The event, along with local/venue officials reserves the right to decide on all matters pertaining to the operation of the tournament and its judgment is final.
COMPETITION OVERVIEW, HAZARDOUS WEATHER, AND REAL-TIME DECISION-MAKING
Summit Lacrosse Ventures will use its best effort to ensure that each registered team plays the number of games established in the tournament schedule. In the best interests of participant safety, the tournament facilities, and inherent weather-related risks associated with lacrosse tournaments, SLV reserves the right to postpone or cancel games due to hazardous conditions. In this case, SLV will do everything possible to reschedule (either on the same date, or a future date). Ultimately, SLV is not responsible for venue conditions related to weather, force majeure, or other events beyond its control, and refunds will not be issued for game time missed due to events beyond SLV’s control.
In the event that a team does not appear for a scheduled game, tournament staff will assist in trying to arrange a replacement game, but cannot reasonably guarantee that a replacement game will be provided. Teams that do not show up for scheduled games will be subject to disqualification from current and/or future tournaments.
In the interest of ensuring participant safety and the appropriate use of the fields and facilities, Summit Lacrosse Ventures reserves the right to postpone, cancel, or shorten games due to hazardous conditions, especially lightning. Rules governing play are consistent with NCAA rules with regard to lightning and extreme weather. The call for game delays will come from event management staff. If a staff member or referee sees lightning, it is to be reported over the radio; game delay decisions are not the responsibility of staff or referees. If lightning or hazardous weather is detected, the following mandatory procedures will be implemented. Should any participants choose not to comply with SLV’s weather protocol, they do so at their own risk.
- Once hazardous conditions are imminent , an air horn will sound multiple times, indicating that the field area must be evacuated. All staff and tournament participants (players, spectators, staff, vendors) are to evacuate the playing field and related areas and go to their vehicles for safety for approximately 30 minutes from when the last hazardous condition is detected. All tournament activities, to include vendors are to cease operation. No participants are to return to the fields until a second series of horn blasts is heard, or upon notification by a Director. No one is allowed back into the playing field area until officials have determined that it is safe to resume play.
- Participants are to remain in their cars, and, in the event of weather, are not to leave the venue until tournament directors have confirmed that play will not resume.
- Secured tents and equipment can be left at the fields until the storm delay is over;
- Once the severe weather clears, a horn blast will denote when it is safe to resume play;
- If a weather-related evacuation occurs during the 1st half, teams will return to play the 2nd half of the game, weather permitting. If the evacuation occurs during the second half, the game MAY pick-up where it left off (weather permitting), OR the game MAY be terminated, and the score recorded as is. If the score differential is equal to or greater than 6, regardless of time remaining, the game may be terminated.
- Tournament officials will make every effort to “make-up” time, but the schedule may be delayed up to the duration of the suspension of play;
- Please be advised that for all issues effecting game play (e.g.- field/goal conditions, schedules, seeding/reseeding, playoffs, weather-related play halts/restarts, etc.), official information and decisions can only be obtained from tournament Directors, who are located at the tournament headquarters. Please do not request or expect formal information from score keepers, referees, grounds keepers, parking staff, or security personnel.
- In addition to being available at the tournament headquarters, tournament Directors will first and foremost utilize the tournament social media, website, and email/mobile phones in an emergency, to communicate information pertinent to game play.
- It is ultimately the team’s on-site representative’s responsibility to seek out and obtain correct and timely information that affects their team’s play from the tournament Directors. This above signifies the need for teams to COMPLETELY fill out registration material, including contact information for on-site team representatives.
- Hazardous conditions are out of the control of tournament directors. Every effort will be made to facilitate fair and maximum play, with safety as the principal factor. SLV is not responsible for venue conditions related to weather, force majeure, or other events beyond its control.
All attendees (coaches, players, and spectators) are required to abide by the published Facility Rules and/or as indicated on site by signage, tournament staff, officials, or representatives. There will be zero tolerance of behavior that is inconsistent with the SLV Terms and Conditions, the Summit Lacrosse Society Code of Conduct, or the tournament facility rules. Summit Lacrosse Ventures reserves the right to expel any violating parties from the event and its sites. All attendees are to abide by tournament rules and State/Federal law. Any suspicious activity should be reported to tournament directors and/or authorities. Any and all personal property brought to an Event Venue is the sole responsibility of its owner; specifically, any tent or temporary structure brought on site must be sufficiently secured and able to sustain any elements, weather or otherwise, that may pose a risk to the facility and/or other attendees. Tournament directors and officials reserve the right to request that any unsafe structure be taken down/removed at their discretion. Any personal property found at the facility will be held at tournament headquarters for the duration of the event. SLV will make every reasonable effort to return lost items, but is not responsible for any lost or stolen personal belongings. If able, SLV will return recovered property as requested, at the expense of the claiming party. Convenience and shipping charges will be applied.
DIVISIONS OF PLAY; PROOF OF AGE & ELIGIBILITY
- Scholastic: Youth-High School Eligibility
- Please review divisional eligibility published online for the event you wish to register for to review all division specific dates of play & ages eligible to play. All players should meet the published eligiblity criteria for the division they intend to play in.
- Divisions of Play
- Event-specific divisional offerings are planned for the best experience of attending teams. In the event of an overpopulated or underpopulated division, SLV reserves the right to modify (i.e. combine or split) divisions of similar age to improve team experience, competition, and safety.
- Summit Lacrosse Ventures values honesty and trust among its participants and will largely rely upon the honorable behavior of participating teams with regard to the eligibility of its players. All players are responsible for having valid proof of age on hand. Teams and players violating divisional age requirements are subject to forfeiture and disqualification.
- Further, to participate in a high school tournament, a student athlete must not have graduated from high school, and therefore must have remaining high school eligibility, to exclude post-secondary (post-graduate) education.
- SLV makes every effort to facilitate and promote fair and safe competition. Burden is on the player, guardian, and coach to be aware of and in compliance with published eligibility guidelines/restrictions. SLV reserves the right to disqualify any player who is determined ineligible.
SLV makes every effort to facilitate and promote fair and safe competition. Burden is on the player, guardian, and coach to be aware of and in compliance with published eligibility guidelines/restrictions. SLV reserves the right to disqualify any player who is determined ineligible.
ONLINE REGISTRATION & ROSTERS & WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY
All team registration is paperless and must be completed online, including payment of the tournament entry fee. Once a team is registered, all players must individually register online. Player registration instructions will be provided. In registering for the tournament, the team coach/manager/representative agrees to comply with all terms, to include the requirement that each player individually register online. During this process, each player will complete and electronically sign the tournament waiver and medical release. Note that the roster for each team will be automatically developed based on individual player registrations. No player will be permitted to participate without completion of the registration process.
All teams are required to fulfill tournament roster, waiver, and check-in procedures. All players much complete the online registration and waiver process in advance of participation. SLV relies on the responsibility of each team’s coach/manager/representative to ensure the eligibility of each player. SLV is not responsible for teams and/or players who do not comply with this process, and any team that does not follow protocol is subject to forfeiture of any/all games.
PLAYING ON MORE THAN ONE TEAM
For the sake of competition, and the experience of all attending teams, teams are required to fulfill their commitment to field a team for every scheduled game in the tournament. Should a player choose to play on more than one team, and should a coach accept a player who is committed to more than one team, the following rules apply:
- No player is permitted to play for more than one team in any single age division, without explicit approval from SLV, in advance of the tournament.
- Though not encouraged, players may play in multiple age divisions, so long as they are age eligible for each division they play in. This does not permit a player to play in multiple levels (i.e. Gold and Silver) within the same age division.
- Should a player choose to “double roster”, they must appear on both rosters from the beginning of the tournament.
- Teams that are dependent upon players who are playing in multiple divisions are strongly discouraged; SLV is not responsible for schedule conflicts caused as a result.
- Teams who do not fulfill their commitment to field a team for every scheduled game, are subject to forfeiture of invitation to next year’s tournament.
SLV PROPRIETARY RIGHTS
SLV’s website, written materials, handouts, guidelines, manuals, rules, schedules, scoresheets, brackets, images, photographs and all copyrights related thereto (“SLV Materials”) are the exclusive property of SLV and/or its affiliates. Except as expressly provided herein, nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall be deemed to create a license in or under the SLV Materials, and you agree not to sell, license, modify, distribute, copy, reproduce, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, publish, adapt, edit or create derivative works from any SLV Materials. SLV also owns several registered and unregistered trademarks and service marks (such as words, names, logos, slogans, or combinations thereof) (“SLV Trademarks”). Participating teams are granted a limited, royalty-free, revocable, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to use the SLV Trademarks for inclusion on their team website, social media pages, and team equipment and apparel subject to the SLV Trademark Usage Guidelines, which are available at www.summitlacrosseventures.com/downloads and incorporated herein by reference. Team agrees to be bound by SLV Trademark Usage Guidelines. Use of SLV Trademarks for commercial purposes (i.e., the sale of shirts, jackets, caps, etc.) is prohibited. This limited trademark license may be revoked at any time by SLV for any reason in SLV’s sole discretion. In such instances, and upon the written or oral request of SLV, all usage of the SLV Trademarks must cease immediately. Nothing herein is intended to create a franchise relationship. Use of the SLV Materials or SLV Trademarks for any purpose not expressly permitted by these Terms and Conditions is strictly prohibited.
PUBLICITY RELEASE: I understand that Summit Lacrosse Ventures LLC retains the right to use for publicity and advertising purposes, photographs of participants taken during hosted tournaments and events. SLV does not divulge customer information to any organization or event participant.
All participants are required to sign a waiver to participate in an SLV event, with knowledge of the associated risks of participation. By doing so, said participant assumes the risks associated with participation in the event.
SUMMIT LACROSSE VENTURES PARTICIPANT WAIVER & RELEASE OF LIABILITY
I am choosing to participate in a Summit Lacrosse Ventures LLC (SLV) Event. I understand that lacrosse is a strenuous, fast-paced game involving physical contact with inherent dangers, and when played within the bounds of the rules, can result in serious injury, paralysis and even death. I assume all the risks of such injury and even death, inherent in the game of lacrosse. I will inspect the fields that I will play, coach, work, and/or spectate on, and confirm them to be in such a condition that there are no dangers visible to me; if I do see dangerous conditions on the field, I will notify Event organizers immediately.
I acknowledge and recognize that SLV, the entity that sponsors the Event, does not and cannot control the conduct of players and that their conduct is controlled to the extent of the rules of the game by the discretionary calls of lacrosse officials. I also acknowledge that there are dangers inherent in spectating and being present at the Event site. Lacrosse balls can travel at speeds in excess of 100 mph and cannot be confined to the fields. I assume the risk of injury from being struck by lacrosse balls. I also understand that players do not and sometimes cannot stop running or avoid being pushed outside of the lines of the field of play. I have been told and I recognize that it is dangerous to sit or stand within five (5) yards of the sideline of any field and in areas designated and marked as off limits. I agree not to sit or stand within five (5) yards of the sideline of any field or in any areas designated and marked as off limits except when I am playing or preparing to play. While spectating, I agree not to sit or stand within five (5) yards of the sideline of any field or area designated or marked as off limits.
I represent that I am outfitted with equipment that meets NCAA and/or USL specifications relevant to play, i.e., helmet, gloves, arm pads, goggles. I am aware that there are greater dangers if I do not use such equipment, and I assume all associated risk.
SLV and their partners makes every effort, both in preparation and on-site, to consider the general safety of Event venues and its attendees. There are inherent risks associated with attending a sporting event; attendees (to include spectators) agree to be present and spectate at their own risk. Should the Event offer transport shuttles, or other amenities, attendees understand that shuttles are an optional courtesy convenience; utilization is at-will, and to is be exercised at passengers’ own risk.
I agree to advise any family member or guest who accompanies me to the Event about the dangers of spectating or being present on the grounds and that it is important that they be extra vigilant about the above dangers and take precaution. I recognize that the Event organizers will rely upon my agreement to do so.
I further understand that it is recommended that I consult with a physician prior to participating in physical activity such as lacrosse. I do hereby declare myself to be physically sound and suffering from no condition, impairment, disease, infirmity, or other illness that would prevent or impair my participation in any of the activities of the SLV Event. I do hereby acknowledge that I have been informed that a physician’s approval prior to my voluntary participation in the Event is recommended. I acknowledge that I have either had a physical examination and have been given my physician’s permission to participate, or that I have decided to participate without the approval of my physician, and do hereby assume all responsibility for my actions and physical conditions arising from any participation in the SLV Event. I acknowledge that SLV reserves the right to deny participation if it is deemed by the medical staff that my participation could cause further harm to myself, or to others.
SLV and their partners makes every effort to facilitate and promote fair and safe competition. Burden is on the player, guardian, and coach to be aware of and in compliance with published terms and conditions, and eligibility guidelines/restrictions. SLV is not responsible for, but reserves the right to disqualify any team and/or player who is determined ineligible.
I assume all risks and on behalf of myself and my heirs and assigns waive, release and forever discharge Summit Lacrosse Ventures LLC and its officers, shareholders, agents, employees, contractors, affiliates, sponsors, volunteers, representatives, Event Venues, and all others associated therewith from any and all responsibilities or liability for injuries or damages resulting from my participation in and/or attendance at the SLV Event, including, but not limited to, the games, my preparation for the games, spectating, staff duties/activities, being present at any meetings and social events, and agree not to sue them.
I agree to indemnify and defend the releasees and hold them harmless from any and all claims, suits, causes of action and damages of any kind caused by, or resulting or arising from, my participation in or attendance at the Event, including, but not limited to, damages to the property of, or injury or death to, the releasees, the undersigned or anyone else.
I hereby give my consent to Summit Lacrosse Ventures LLC to provide, through a medical staff of its choice, customary athletic training attention, as well as arranging for transportation to medical facilities/hospitals and/or emergency medical services as the medical staff deems warranted in the course of my participation in the SLV Event.
I have read and agree to all terms of the event, to include the Summit Lacrosse Society, especially with regard to my responsibilities as a participant. My signature certifies that I understand and accept the conditions required for the Summit Lacrosse Ventures Event.